Wednesday 17 March 2010

Actually Starting Writing Today - Rediscovering the pen.

I have been planning my book for about 20 years.  Yes I know this sounds ludicrous!! I have been writing snippets, notes, creatively bloomed the themes in lots of journals and notebooks.   Being in France since December, I have done more of the same, with new post it notes and scraps of paper.  Only recently I bought this massive pink notebook and have started just writing all different chapter headings and sub headings.  Each one on a separate page, giving it lots of blank space.  I thought I'd try using a pen rather than my mac (although I adore my macbookpro), I decided to step away from the tecky and get in touch with the pen again.    The whole point of this *I tell myself* is I can go back and when I fancy it, choose a particular topic and then write about that experience.  *I know I can do this on mac but it's the pen I think I need to rediscover ( I love all things pen-like, all things stationary so a book and a lovely Bic Intensity ticks a box for me)

And that's what I've done today.  Yippee! What an achievement.

What am I writing about?  I'm writing about my recovery from M.E (myalgic encephalomyelitis) also known as C.F.S (chronic fatigue syndrome).  I was really very ill when I was 20 until the age of about 26.  (I'm now 41).   Title headings range from What is ME, About ME; Symptoms; Family/Friends; Food; Body image/Weight; Environment; Sprituality; Arts and Crafts and getting creative' Pets; God/Goddess; Love life; Books; Dreams; GP Support; DHSS; Consultants; Support Groups; and a HUGE section on all the complementary therapies I experienced as part of the healing process. 

This has given me a good feeling today - it reads back well and I feel like I have begun.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...