Monday 29 March 2010

To have an Art Studio or not, that is the question.

My art studio at the moment is a collection of boxes, shoeboxes, plastic containers and an old cardboard box that sits tucked in a corner in the lounge.  I always thought that I would need a studio (even a desk!) for me to begin to sketch, paint, mess, moodle, wax.  Little did I know that actually when I have my stuff out and near me, it inspires me to just start musing with it all.  As it's all near me, there's no excuse not to.  I can sit and look at the colour of paints, pick up my sketch book and begin to just let the lines flow.

All this time, I have been waiting for my studio but I have realised that the studio is within and I can take it anywhere.  I came here to France never realising that this would be something I would learn.

Learning.  This whole l'adventure en france has been about learning.  Learning to adapt, to live smaller than small, to appreciate what I have and who I have in my life, to get in touch with my inner creative muse that loves playing with colour.

Tomorrow, a new phase begins as Will leaves to return to the UK and I remain here for 6 weeks with Lucy.  It's a time to stay focused and plan my time.  To return in May with paintings, writing, proposals and hopefully self published.  I'm going to make an agreement with myself to do just this.

Spring has sprung : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...