Friday 7 May 2010

Loving my sketching frenzy


I've been in a sketching frenzy - loving the plain paper and graphite and getting really into it.  More so I love tearing out the face sketch and then medium-ing it (is there such a word?) Anyway, thought I'd share some of them. The goddess on the left here - or 
déesse (the french name)  she started off like this 
and has ended up as a really love addition below.  Not quite finished but am going to finish her soon.  She's going to have the poem

"To her I entrust my spirit
When I sleep and when I wake
Even as my soul is not within my body
Déesse is with me I am not afraid"

I placed her face on a piece of wood backing and then added more shading with my beautiful primsa crayons, then the 'medium-ing' started - I find this so meditative.

By the way, just out of interest, I discovered that the Citroen DS, that icon french car, well the DS, stands for Déesse, goddess , that's what they thought of it when they designed her.  Beautiful.  Bfn x

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...