Saturday 12 June 2010

TArget REached - Yay!

As you know the challenge I set myself was to write my handbook for writing personal statements in the time I was in France - I had collected so many notes over the years and the idea had formulated and stewed for a great while, but I did it.  On the Friday before I set off back home to the UK, I sent off a submission proposal to a publisher and the other day I heard that they liked it.  They can see it will compete favourably with other titles in the personal statement range.  I'm chuffed.  More so about the fact that I set myself the challenge and I achieved.   At the outset I was going to self publish, so didn't put any expectations on myself - it was only at the latter stage that I began to ponder "I wonder if this would be of interest to publishers?" That's when I dug out my Writers and Artists Year Book 2010 and found them.  It's still early days and more to add to so keeping fingers crossed all things will work ok.  I have focus groups this coming week which I'm going to do with two schools, hoping to get a third, then I can glean some real life case studies and questions that they want answered in the book.  Exciting times.  Just need a sexy title now : )

Now to the next idea of writing my healing book about ME. (by M.E. I mean, myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome which I had in my 20s) .... that's been brewing for 20 years!!

Now the world cup has begun, I'm going to spend time art-ing and musing - got my latest one to finish and I found some lovely napkins yesterday in netto to collage on a layer.  I got the idea from France as they're really into using napkins as paper.  £1 from netto not bad heh!?!?  

Note to self:  Write in blog more often as it's self directed check ins that I need!!!

Have a beautiful day - it's gorgeous here ...bisous xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...