Sunday 30 January 2011

Another commission finished

Hey there Sunday morning,  I have been excited about finishing this painting - it is for a very 'old' friend who lives in Israel, let's call her Chi.  Chi and I have been in each other's lives since we were about 3 or 4.  So we're nearly hitting the 40 years of friendship.  Although we don't see each other very often, we do keep in touch and I was so chuffed to do this painting of her and her family.   It winged its way to Israel on Thursday and I got a lovely email back that night saying:

"Sensational!!!! We love it and 'very talented' is the consensus! Thankyou very much. Laila tov" (goodnight in hebrew).  It was quite a tricky one as I knew that she wanted something on the theme of navy, they are big Dennis the Menace fans  - so I did my upmost to incorporate this into the painting.  I'm pretty chuffed with it - and I'm sure they will find the right place to hang it.

I'm getting inner cues to focus more on my art than ever before.  Have a lovely day xoxo   

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...