Sunday 20 February 2011

Blog Meddling

I thought I was really clever today - technically speaking that is.  I have been thinking for a while now that I wanted to change my blog name to www.julesdollyart.blogspot.com and I discovered a way to do it.  Only to then re-discover that it has completely deleted my juliadolowicz version.   Just like that.  Kapoof.

So it got me thinking.  Shall I leave it as it is?  Will it cause confusion in blogland? I did achieve my follower goal, which was to try and get 2 by the end of this weekend.  Would it really matter if I changed my name?  I could always tell all 4 followers (I have 5 followers but one of them is me, so that doesn't really count does it.)

You see, I've always been Jules Dolly.  Tho' not normally outwardly so.  I have always been a Dolly, well my name does possess a kind of Dolly in it. My dad's best man always called him Ruby Dolly.  So I'm not bigging myself up here. The Jules, obviously comes from Julia.  I was named after my grandpa Julius, also knowns as Jules, my mums father, who unfortunately I never got to meet but I feel I know as she has kept him alive in our hearts and mind.  So I love being called Jules.  It reminds me of him.  

Add to this I am a mixed media artist and well, it just all goes together like rama-lama-ding-dong.  

So I think I'll stick with it.
Happy Mondays.
xxx
My grandpa Jules
and his daughter

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it, I prefer JulesDolly, Julesdolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Jules Dolly - v.sweet :) If your old blog was deleted, then I presume you wouldn't have read one of my comments about a dance workshop you mentioned - forget the name of it now but sounded really good!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbi, Thanks so much - it's a nice change - feels good. I did see your comment before, it's still here in the earlier blog post, (just the name has changed). It's called bio danza and the lady is going to get back to me with the dates, so I'll keep you posted xx

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...