Sunday 27 February 2011

No TV - 2 week Challenge

I have been thinking about this for a while now - not to watch any TV for at least 2 weeks.   I don't watch that much anyway but I find with it being cold and miserable during the winter evenings, I have probably sat in front of it for too long. Sometimes, I will sketch, often I'll have laptop perched.    So I'm thinking that now the nights are becoming lighter I can go and catch up on all the things that I have been planning for the spring.  They are [in order]:

  • Paint the communal hallway and re-carpet it
  • Tidy up the space outside the lounge window, create a potted plant area and screen off the bins
  • Find a small writing bureau or make a desk to have a craft corner somewhere tucked into this home of ours.  (although that is a challenge as there's not alot of free standing space).
  • Re-organise the bookshelves and the book space.
  • Re-decorate the second bedroom which is a dressing room/drying room/mini storage area [and a bit yuk]. 
That's quite a long list.  And at the same time, there's work to go to, things to develop; paint more, write more and live more. 

I treated myself, (have been saving up for this one) and I'm going to start the Soul Restoration 6 week online course written by Melody Ross in USA.  It all kicks off April 5th so will hopefully get my supplies organised, my desk space sorted, the painting done, just in time for this.

Hence, No TV.

Have a lovely week 
Jules xx

4 comments:

  1. It does sound like you won't be having time to watch TV!! - I think it's a great idea, I've been mulling around the same idea too (was wondering whether to give up TV for Lent). Good luck with the list! I love all the links you put in your blogs, I've been getting lots of inspiration from them - keep up the good blogging work, I love to read them :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Debbi! It is quite a challenge and I have probably written quite a top heavy list, but at least it's written down now and I can work towards it. It looks a great online course doesn't it? I'm glad that the links I'm posting are inspiring. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have a nosy at the course in a minute but I just wanted to say you probably won't miss the TV as much as you think. I hardly ever watch it and when you're busying yourself doing something I find I don't want to watch it. Most of the time it seems like wasted time to me. I used to look for things to watch but now I only watch it if there is something in particular I want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I won't miss the tv - I think I watch when it's on and I just want to go do other things and not have it on. Will's with me on this one, so we'll see where this leads. So far it has been a lovely evening. I am quite selective when I watch, that's for sure. x

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...