Sunday 10 April 2011

Painting in the Sunshine

I find if I am to paint then there's nothing quite having a block of time to spend, lost in colour.  I tend to have more than one painting on the go - sometimes I'll be finishing off one and I'll need to add some detail, perhaps another layer, then move on.  

This is how I spent my afternoon.  Today Will spent pretty much all day on the allotment and I de-camped and set up a table outside in the garden.  The sun was just gorgeous.  As a Leo, I love it.  So I took my little table, shlepped it outside, and then whatever paints I had at home.  I still have my studio over at my parents, tho' I find that I need to be more home based these days with work, clients etc... so I have to double up on art space.
I have been working on a commission and also finishing off my paintings so that I can make prints, and create some stock for my soon to be launched etsy shop.  Started making a design for my wedding invitation, which I thought would be a lovely Julesie thing to do.......More about this another time! 

I enjoyed being outside, catching the sun and deep in thought as I played with paint, colour, layers.   I have been reading my Kelly Rae Roberts book again which I just love and spent some time earlier going through her blog post timeline and how she started her art journey and where she is to this day.  It's inspiring and I must remember that it's possible for me too.  I'm doing quite alot of soul searching these past weeks about different aspects of my life.  Focusing on much journal writing, drawing and sketching, plus looking at how I can support my book coming out on 29th April.  Got to get my head round this and put some energy there in recording video.  Yikes!  
There's nothing quite like SunDrying!

My Muse and Painting Protector
Anyway I have found a great way to store my paints which was suggested by Melody Ross over at Brave Girls ... ingenious! I'll post that soon.

Happy Sundays 
and Mondays 
xxJulesxx


  






8 comments:

  1. I wish you could share some of your talent with me!!! What a lovely place to paint and your little Muse is so cute too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jules! Thanks for stopping by my blog...we really did have an amazing time at Flora's workshop...I'm having a little giggle to myself right now because I read your blog in my head with an English accent so I guess you'll have to read this with an Aussie one! I have an Etsy store on my goal list to right now..just trying to figure out which paintings I should have made as prints and cards..I have so many from over the years but want them to look cohesive..good luck with yours and lovely to meet you
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bonnie, hey talent is in the eye of the beholder and I love your quilting skills! My little muse is soooo lovely and always near by ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, thanks so much for coming to see me over here in England! I love the global community and the fact I can see you there! Look forward to seeing your shop. Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I'll have to try some outdoor painting. The weather's been so nice lately. Loving the springtime. Can't wait for your Etsy shop and I'm so curious about your book!! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne, thank you so much and for stopping by. I think I'm getting too precious about etsy and I need to just 'go for it'. The weather has been lovely here and I love painting outside, takes alot of logistics, but worth it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonder what it is about doing a couple painting at one time? I tend to do the same thing. I might kind of get stuck on what I want to do next if I'm doing just one, but if I have a couple paintings I paint non-stop, bouncing back and forth. The ideas and inspiration come easier and faster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gina! I find sometimes if I stay with the same piece I can go 'overboard' in things, often if I move to something else I look back, with a fresh pair of eyes and notice things differently. Thanks so much for your comment : )

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...