Tuesday 28 June 2011

Developing my Reiki Healing Practice

For a while now I have been feeling that Reiki healing is calling me to practice and to set up a space for healing.  I have been a healer since first attuned in 2002, 2004 for II and in 2006 I went on to Advanced Reiki Master Training.  I am just beginning the process of attuning to Reiki Master Teacher which means I will be able to attune others.   In these 5 years since Master training, I have been what I read recently 'a reluctant Reiki Master', meaning that I never thought it was something I would 'do' professionally.  For me, healing was something I would give for free, distant healings to family, friends and friends of friends, including animals who were unwell, convalescing or suffering.

My paintings are reiki paintings, integrated with symbols and when I look at what I'm doing here in my life, I realise that healing is really all I have been involved in since I was ill back in my 20s with M.E. (myalgic encephalomyelitis) I have healed myself and I am lucky to have walked through it and emerged on the other side.  Here I am in my early 40s and I am becoming clearer.   About time, heh Jules?  So, we decided the other day that we will turn the small bedroom here in our home into a healing room for me to then begin my healing practice, on humans and animals.  Although, I'm more likely to visit the animal in it's home if that's possible as it will be calmer for them.

I have been immersed in this healing field now for such a long time, I see the changes that are happening with people realising the power of their own healing and how there are 'other things' that will have an impact on day to day life, vitality, recovery and well being.  It all goes together like rama-lama-ding-dong.  Working alongside conventional western medicine is crucial and I would never suggest otherwise.

My love of Bach flower remedies, vitamin and mineral supplementation, chinese medicine and buddhist oracle cards have become very dear to me.

The one thing that has held me back (or I have allowed to hold me back) is the notion of charging for healing.  I have always felt that I should not charge for the Reiki as it is a universal energy that is available to all and this is where I have become stuck.  I know that my reiki treatments are strong and healing, with the feedback I have received over the last 9 years.   In reading a great deal around this area I have come to the awareness that in fact clients are paying for the process, the treatment, your experience and support.  

We all know that when we receive something for free, we can sometimes feel a little guilty.  Often an exchange is needed for the pure purpose of an energy exchange, whatever that exchange may be.  

Charging money allows people the freedom to come for a treatment whenever they want.  

So, with these thoughts in mind, I am going to begin the process of clearing out and reorganising our space to welcome clients for healing treatments. It's a small space, but I will make it lovely, serene, balancing and healing.  It's positioned right in the heart space of our home, which is a lovely balancing space, according to the principles of Feng Shiu.  

I am secretly excited within - excited, that I have aligned myself to something that has been calling me for many many years now, whispering and nudging. Let's watch this space and see how it develops.  ARt continues to enthral and be my elixir of love, as does my writing and my counselling/coaching.

Let's begin to make this happen.

Love
Jules xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...