Tuesday 11 October 2011

Hitched in Gibraltar

When me and hubby were planning to get married we knew we wanted it to be early September this year.   We'd been engaged over 3 years, and September was a special month for us.  At first we thought we'd go to Cornwall, where OH is from but we realised that actually we wanted to go somewhere else, somewhere different.

We looked around, searched a fair deal and Gibraltar came up all the time.  He'd been there before, but then there's not alot of places in the world he hasn't been - he's a real traveller - a true Sagittarian.  I was sold on Gibraltar because John and Yoko got married there. That's good enough for this Liverpool girlie.  So we booked a week.  Sorted all the paperwork and documentation out really swiftly and it was just a matter of turning up, attending the Registry office the day before with all the originals and voila.

Here we now move swiftly on to the ceremony which was truly lovely, special and very romantic.  Having both been married before we wanted something different and we got it.  I had a jewish wedding previously and he had a registry office in the UK, so this was different for both of us.   Our Registrar was a very lovely man, he reminded me of one of the three muskateers.
 husband and wife - just
He looked gorgeous and if I so say myself, we scrubbed up well!

We hired a Gibraltar photographer and then spent time feeling like celebrities.  Admiring our wedding rings which have cornish tin in them.  We're so chuffed to have the same rings.

I eventually found my dress in Monsoon - if you read one of my previous posts, I was having a little bit of difficulty trying to find something that would not cost the earth and would really suit a relatively hot day.  I felt that I had found my match, plus it was in the sale, so even better!






All in all, our wedding was lovely, we had a gorgeous honeymoon and I'm delighted to be a Mrs.  Never thought I would say that again, really, never would. What I can say that we all deserve happiness and love and I'm delighted that both me and hubby have found that in each other.  



Despite being together nearly 6 years, we're settled and loving it.
Yours hitched
Jules xxx
I asked the photographer Steven Gross if he'd take a picture of our shoes as they're always neglected in photos aren't they?  He had never had that request before, but I'm really chuffed with the way the photo turned out.


All photographs except the full length one courtesy of Steven Gross Fotoart Ltd Gibraltar

6 comments:

  1. Jules - you looked so pretty and your hubby so handsome! Congratulations to both of you! How special to be wed in Gibraltar. I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Julia! I am so happy for you. You look so beautiful- what a lovely couple. I love the flowers in your hair and the sleeves of your dress. I am wishing you so much happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I meant to write Jules! I know that is your name. Actually I had a hard time commenting- this is a problem since I switched to wordpress. I'm not sure what is wrong. So I had to write it 3 times :)

    Warmest wishes to you and your new husband, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori thank you so much for your lovely words - so kind of you to stop by and say so... Don't worry about the Jules/Julia - it's Julia really but I love either. Hope that you're happyyy xx
    Bonnie, thank you also for such beautiful words. Means so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah you looked gorgeous (as always) and your husband so smart. I love the shoe photo. Oh I'm so happy for you. You look truly happy and well pleased with yourself young lady. I wish you a lifetime of happyness and love.
    BIG X and BIG HUG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Tizzy! what a lovely thing to write. You're so right, I was well pleased with myself!! Thank you so much.. lovely tizzy xx

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...