Thursday 1 December 2011

"A Year of Wishes: by Lori Portka and Lisa Sarick and My Wish

A Year of Wishes by Lori Portka and Lisa Sarick
I stumbled across Lori Portka's Etsy shop about a year ago now, her work is just so inspiring and is the foundation to her Hundred Thank You's project.  It's where she "dives deeply into gratitude".  A hundred paintings, a hundred people, a hundred days.  You can read more about it here.

So when I saw that she had joined with Lisa Sarick to create the 2012 Year of Wishes Calendar, I was pretty taken in.

I visited Lori's site just the other day and they are giving away 5 calendars.  To be considered we just had to leave a comment with A Wish We Wished for Ourself.  I got very carried away and didn't read it properly.  I launched in to my wish for 2012.  The deepest wish that really resonates with me.

I didn't post this wish for the competition because I thought it was not 'for myself'.  I decided to post the wish here - my place for all things.

I wrote this 2 days ago and then there's a whole debate today in the news 'should animals be stunned before slaughter' and the moment for this Wish is even more pertinent.  It was difficult, really difficult for me to read this article as I totally feel the pain of these animals.

Anyway, here's my Wish.

If I really had to choose a wish right now, it would be that human beings started treating all sentient soul animals, of the earth, sea and air,  with love, care and respect.  This is not an airy fairy wish because I think someone will like it. This is a deeply held passionate wish.

My wish is that we don't differentiate between the love of a dog and the dis-love of a cow.
That the husbandry and treatment of a pig is different to that of a cat.  That we look after our guinea pigs but cut down the habitat for our wild birds and animals.

I wish that all human beings realise that the way we treat our animals is a pure reflection on how we treat each other.  If we just took the time to see that even though we don't speak their language, they are consequently inferior and therefore we can dominate them.

I wish that human beings make a shift and act in a way so that they treat all our lovely animals, farm animals, pets animals, wild animals, as if they were a member of their own big family.

I wish this wish so much because I feel it is the foundation for love and respect for our own human evolution.

This wish is coming from my heart, I get so very upset when I see and hear about the sheer disrespect for our sentient planetsharers.

It was good for me to write down my wish for myself, now hopefully, my wish is out there. 



Blessed travels, little wish.


Much Love
Jules xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jules, this is so lovely. Thank you for this deep, heartfelt (what I would call a) prayer. It is held by so many of us that soon the tide will turn. Much love. -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arhhhhh thanks for this Lisa... I really was and is heartfelt and that's lovely, I hadn't actually thought of it as a prayer, but of course, it is. Let's hope the tide turns ... Much love Jules ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally with you on your wish/prayer Julia - thank for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a most beautyful and sincere wish. I was truly moved, because it is so true, and yet our setup in this world does not always support the knowing that we are souls living together here, big or small, any soul is unique and worthy in its own right. Thanks for sharing this uplifting wish. It is contageous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by your blog for the first time in a while. What a great post. Sending out my wish for that, too.

    And the last post was great, too. I'd love to see more of your sketching and designs. Hope you're feeling less scattered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lise, thanks you so much for stopping by and commenting!!! It is so lovely of you.

    Anne, I really appreciate it too! I am less scattered, actually been quite focused and writing, writing, writing... keep taking those flower essences, which j'adore.

    Much love to you both
    x

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...