Sunday 15 January 2012

Creating a Clearing

There has been something brewing.  Inside.  I couldn't place it, but it felt uncomfortable.  Wasn't sure what it was.  Then it suddenly made an appearance.  I had become, suddenly, overwhelmed by all things technological.  

Now this is slightly odd for me as I'm a tecky kind of girl.  I love my mac and internet, email, blog hopping and all the delights to be found.  But of late, I have found that it's interfering with my own process and progress. 

I have a deadline to write my second book and I also have other projects that are cooking.  I just couldn't seem to function because I have been spending time looking at what everyone else is doing.   I don't mean that I have been googling and goggling and wasting time, I just mean it is not directed nor focused really.

I meditated on this and realised that when I was in France, writing the first book, I had no distractions.  

I had just discovered one artist whom I loved, Suzi Blu, she inspired me.  I stuck with her.  I didn't really look at other people's work, or joined groups, etc... I took the time to develop my Craft. 

Painted, Wrote, Painted, Wrote, Painted, Wrote, Dreamed, Painted, Wrote, Painted, Wrote, Dreamed.

Created.

Before you knew it, I had a plan, I had connected with myself, with nature, with the written word and my dreams.  I had connected with Jules DollyWitch Craft

Then on returning and making a life back in Liverpool and being with Mr Hubs, I got caught up in everything else, taking part in e-courses, back to back, having an online community of friends who I hasten to add, have never met.  This was all good.  However it has been brewing, stewing and now it has to take a back seat while I get back to what it was I was doing.

Internet saps energy unless it is focused.  For me, it's no good use of my time.

I want and need to connect with nature, I need to get outside, I want to connect with my community, the physical in-person one. 

And oh, I realised only the other day that I have NO Marketing Plan, WHATSOEVER, Nothing, Nada. How do I market myself, how do I promote myself.  Mm... good question.

No plan.

So this has to change and I am now seeking out someone whom I can work with to support this plan.  

I am clearing a clearing.


Thank you for reading, much love
Jules xxx

4 comments:

  1. Really interesting post Jules Dolly, and I totally understand the space you are in, reading your thoughts has given me a bit of inspiration to write down some of my feelings on decluttering. Time away from the internet can be very liberating and brings us a simplicity to be ourselves. I agree, it can sap your energy if you don't remain focussed!!
    Wishing you all the very best with seeking out the person you need to help with marketing your business x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is in no way a reflection on any blogs or people - I guess I just have found that I have to be more orchestrated in who I follow and who I read. I think it was a newsfeed from facebook it was just so overwhelming. I wasn't spending heaps of time online (although I am online right now !!) but it is the quietness of mind I seek. I think you have captured it well with your photography and being by the sea really must help. I find decluttering so cathartic - in fact - my friends would always tell you that I'm always organising my space!!! Thanks so much for your lovely thoughts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to this. I am a techy kind of person too...makes sense to me. Cheers to clearing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lori... it has so far been sooooo releasing and things are becoming clearer. xxx

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...