Monday 9 January 2012

Writing and Meditation

I have a deadline to write my 2nd book by the 31st March.  That's quite a tall order - one that I hasten to add, I set myself to the publisher.  With everything else I'm doing during my week I have started to be reeeeeeallllly strict.  So I have set myself some rules: (lets call them guides, being gentle with myself)


  • Get up early and write for at least 2 hours while the world sleeps.
  • Walk Lucy as a lovely break before I get back into it again.
  • No Answering le Phone (landline/or moby): that means, putting phone on silent, turning off vibrate and turning it upside down (or better still leaving it in another room).  
  • No sneaking a peak at Facebook unless I'm on a break.
  • Turn off email so I don't see it arrive.
  • Drink cups of tea at allotted Tea point. 
  • Drink Water (still or sparkling - whatever le mood takes)
  • Have Jan de Vries Concentration Essence often: works beautifully to get me in to writing focused mode (or anything that I need to do, for that matter).
  • Play my lovely Baroque music -to get my brain into a lovely yummy place.
  • Have Snacks as long as it's not chocolate brought in by hubby (whoops); aiming for apples, bananas and other healthy things.
  • Break up writing with Goddess Leonie's meditations: if you haven't tried her meditations and you're a Goddess (well we are, aren't we?) then I would skip along to her portal GoddessGuideBook - it's AWASH with wonderful resources and a community, which I haven't dipped my toe into yet, but do intend to.  You can just buy the meds, but if you want the whole shebang, you can join the circle for $99 for the year.  There's so many inspiring courses, kits, ebooks and inspiration there.  Her meditations help me heaps at the moment.   I have a flaxseed eye pillow which I wrap around my eyes and I go off on a journee with her soothing Australian lilting accent.  I do one of these in between any writing I am doing.  


I just Choose and Go.  Check her out

I have two other projects which I'm working on:-
1 with Hubby
2 with me and chez Art.

Hope Monday's being a lovely Monday today
Much Love
Jules
xxx

PS I will phone you back when I can if you phone me! Hope you understand though.
My Muse (she's the one who reminds me to take a break)

1 comment:

  1. I like your guidelines for managing your day Julia - you sound very organised, I hope you have had a productive week so far! x

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...