Monday 9 April 2012

2 Years Blog Anniversary


It all began just over 2 years ago.  I was in France and I had the urge to write, to pick up a pen and buy a bright pink notebook.  Two years later and I have just submitted my 2nd manuscript, which will be published in July 2012.  

So in 2 years, nearly 2 books.  

That's something I am very proud of and want to maintain.  

A book a year. 

How fab would that be.  I know it's possible.

Here's the first blog post I wrote back on 17 March. 


WEDNESDAY, 17 MARCH 2010

Actually Starting Writing Today - Rediscovering the pen.

I have been planning my book for about 20 years.  Yes I know this sounds ludicrous!! I have been writing snippets, notes, creatively bloomed the themes in lots of journals and notebooks.   Being in France since December, I have done more of the same, with new post it notes and scraps of paper.  Only recently I bought this massive pink notebook and have started just writing all different chapter headings and sub headings.  Each one on a separate page, giving it lots of blank space.  I thought I'd try using a pen rather than my mac (although I adore my macbookpro), I decided to step away from the tecky and get in touch with the pen again.    The whole point of this *I tell myself* is I can go back and when I fancy it, choose a particular topic and then write about that experience.  *I know I can do this on mac but it's the pen I think I need to rediscover ( I love all things pen-like, all things stationary so a book and a lovely Bic Intensity ticks a box for me)

And that's what I've done today.  Yippee! What an achievement.

What am I writing about?  I'm writing about my recovery from M.E (myalgic encephalomyelitis) also known as C.F.S (chronic fatigue syndrome).  I was really very ill when I was 20 until the age of about 26.  (I'm now 41).   Title headings range from What is ME, About ME; Symptoms; Family/Friends; Food; Body image/Weight; Environment; Sprituality; Arts and Crafts and getting creative' Pets; God/Goddess; Love life; Books; Dreams; GP Support; DHSS; Consultants; Support Groups; and a HUGE section on all the complementary therapies I experienced as part of the healing process.

This has given me a good feeling today - it reads back well and I feel like I have begun.  Yay!

6 comments:

  1. So very pleased for you Julia - and what an achievement! Established author just to add to your many talents xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely - Thanks so much Debbi, hope all good with you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jules
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog! I thought I would pop over and see what you have been up to ...... two books in two years WOW!! Is it really two years since we met in France? Where has the time gone? Good luck with everything ~ we LOVE your art work (especially my 9 year old daughter ~ I think you are her inspiration). Take care & lots of love Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emily, thank you so much for stopping by and for saying lovely things... Yes it's 2 years since we met in France - wow, doesn't time fly. thank you so much, I love reading what you're up to and all the animals, it is something we would love toooooo. I'm so touched that you love my art work and for your daughter, that's so humbling and makes me feel very warm... Look forward to reading more of your blog. Love Jules xxx (ps, do you still do Phoenix?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big congratulation to you! What a journey, and I can see you write really well, how you manage to tell so much and so precise cloak a topic with quite few words, I am impressed! Well done, and cheers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lise, thanks so much for stopping by! Yes it has been a journey for sure, it is lovely to hear what you thought about my writing, thank you so very much : )

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...